There is a new ‘keyring’ feature. This feature is intended only for convenience and organizing inventory. It will not allow you to save with keys or carry more items. Keys on your keyring are still considered inventory and will still go into your corpse if you die.
There is no gold or trivia point cost for the keyring as we are just making it a standard game feature. The command itself is very similar to vaults:
keyring list : show items in your keyring. keyring get : Retrieve an item from your keyring. keyring put [item] : Place a specific item on your keyring. keyring put all : Put all available keys on your keyring.
Using ‘keyring put all’ will put all eligible items on your keyring but will not give a message for the rest. The more specific syntax to add [item] or all.[item] will give a message.
Whenever you use a command such as ‘unlock’ that looks for a key, your keyring will also be checked.
You can also use the same ‘keyring filter’ and ‘keyring sort’ options as those now available for vaults. Invmon has new tags 11 and 12 for items being placed onto / removed from keyring.
Getting into the details, in most cases the keys are considered “carried” but it depends on the action. Mobs looking for items carried will see them and you can use them as if they were in inventory. In other cases, they are more like worn items in that you can’t drop, donate, sacrfice, them etc without first removing from the keyring and items on your keyring cannot be seen with ‘peek’.
As this new feature settles in you may find some items that are used to unlock doors but are not actually keys won’t go on the keyring and need to be flagged. Post them to the bugs board as they come up. Mobprogs should be fine but if you encounter any issues where a previously working goal is suddenly not working because the mob can’t find your key, post that too. In the meantime a workaround would be just removing it from the keyring.
Afterglow Area and Goal:
Although the powers of Master Mages Fahlyk and Fahlen were released in Dusk Valley, the brothers were not completely destroyed. After regaining their powers they both conjured a devastating blow. The amount of energy was so great nearly everything in the Valley was destroyed and a bright aura was left in the sky. The Great War had finally ended but neither side had won. The remaining residents of Dusk Valley were forced to settle elsewhere. The brother’s mutual hatred had not lessened though and over time they both passed away.
Nearly one thousand years after the destruction of Dusk Valley, time seemed to heal the devastation wrought during the Brothers’ war. Trees grew tall and strong, streams filled the crevices in the land, grass covered the valley floor and fauna cautiously populated the region once more.
Upon hearing of the rebirth of the Valley, the Relyks returned to the area to start anew. Although many centuries had passed the aura covering the valley remained. The region became known as Afterglow. The Relyks in the area have built a large mansion to honor their master. Those who have contributed to the community are scribed into a great book. Are you honorable enough to contribute to Afterglow?
Welcome to Afterglow, adventurer.
Level Range : 200-201 Goal Difficulty : Medium Goal Recommended at : Level 200 Goal Converter : Shaelynne Area Author : Shaelynne
Other changes in this reboot:
- Domain flagged some epic quest items to be level 211 and here only earlier this week but not everyone got their items updated. That should be fixed after this reboot and all items in the list Domain posted in mudinfo note #1661 will now be level 211 and hero only. The level is so that all tiers can wear rank equipment and the hero only flag is to prevent it being worn at much lower levels now that the base level is lower.
- Your run prefix will now be skipped if you are already at Aylor recall.
- The bypass bug should hopefully be fixed now. If you have bypass at 100% and the stats to cover the areas you have listed but still get a target in one of your bypassed areas, please post to bug board.
- You can now use an item’s unique id when retrieiving items from your vault. For example ‘vault get 1693141671′.
- You can now sort inventory in a vault using ‘vault sort [option]‘. Options are the same as those available in ‘help invsort’.
- You can now ‘vault filter [filter option]‘ using the same options as seen in ‘help invfilter’.
- The ‘invdetails’ command used by clients for plugins will now show
enchants using this format:
Data is: spell, type (resist or stat), stat name, amount, who cast,
(e)nchanter can remove, (t)ponly or (n)ot applicable.
A few cleanup items from the last couple of bigger additions to the game: