Equipment upgrade for “Saves” Stat:
TL,DR: If you have equipment with saves, use ’savesupgrade [item]‘ to replace the saves with random stats or resists. See below for a way to try again if you don’t like the stats.
Focusing on fully removing saves from the game. Saves have now been replaced with new effects on all new objects in live. Items that are not enchanted or unique (clan items) will pick up the stats from their new base item.
Items that are unique, which includes anything that has been enchanted and all clan items, will not pick up the stats. For those items, there is a new command called ’savesupgrade’ that will randomly assign the object points that were taken up in saves to other stats.
The roll is weighted towards stats and damroll but it’s possible to roll any stats including resists. To use it, simply type ’savesupgrade [item]‘. The saves will be removed and the stats assigned. If an item has negative saves they will just be removed, no negatives added to anything else. This roll can allow an item to go slightly over max in a specific stat type - 1 ‘builder point’ over max in any single category (hr, dr, stats, hmv). On items over max already you can’t roll that stat. If an item is over max on all stats then you’re just going to get resists.
The max is not perfect - it’s based on a combination of level and existing enchant flags. Some items will probably go a little over max, some will stop a little short of their theoretical max. Without specific tracking for what stats came from where we can only estimate.
The interesting part (for me at least) is that the item will remember exactly which stats were added from savesupgrade and there is a trivia point based ’savesupgrade reverse’. Don’t like the stats you rolled? For a trivia point you can ’savesupgrade [item] reverse’ to undo the whole thing and try again. This is using completely new item code that has a lot of potential for enchants. Prior to these changes, any stats added to items were just merged in with everything else and no real record of what came from where.
Note that reversal can only be done if the stats are still on the item. If they have since been wiped (by a failed enchant for example), the reversal cannot be done. If stats have been ADDED that’s ok, only the amount added by savesupgrade will be removed.
Higher level players, don’t blow off stats if you’re already at 600. I’m planning to make stats over 600 start to count for something with diminishing returns. This isn’t the same as increasing the cap which I am not planning to do, but to make those ‘overmax’ stats have _some_ impact. For the math inclined, something like square root (so 16 counts as 4, 36 counts as 6, etc) but not quite that extreme.
Other Changes in this reboot:
- Spells that previously added saves now add something else, mostly resistances in place of saves. This includes:
Indestructible Aura, Holy Aura (Paladin primary gets bonus con), Energy Containment, Ego Whip. On prot good / evil I just removed the minor saves, the flag is the main point of those spells anyway.
- Options such as ‘allspells saves’ etc have been removed and ’saves’ has also been removed from the ’score’ and ‘attr’ comands/
- There is now a new board called ‘EPICS’ for both announcements and discussion of epic areas. Until we make the necessary changes, auto-posted notes will still go to the existing board. Please use this board rather than general to announce upcoming epic areas runs. I’ve also added something about this board to ‘MOTD’.
- There is a new ‘info epicdeaths’ option which filters deaths to mobs (only mobs) in areas flagged as ‘epic’ which so far is Inferno, Icefall and Oradrins. We don’t have a lot of death spam from Terra so I didn’t add it there. This defaults to off so you will need to turn it on if you want to see Icefall death spam!
- The ’spamreduce wflags’ option was not working for a third party in the room. I don’t think many people saw these as they weapon special flag messages are already covered by ‘battlespam’, but this if fixed now.
- Fixed a bug with the new ‘*’ in score sometimes showing even if you could still train more stats.
- When a navigator requests a quest or a campaign there is now a message showing how many areas can by bypassed. This is how many that will actually by used, not necessarily the amount you have set. If your bypass skill is at 100% and you get a target in the areas included in that count you should get a separate message telling you there were no targets found out of the bypassed areas. If you get neither of these it is a bug.
If you get a campaign target in your bypass list without getting this new message, please post your exact stats, copy of bypass output and the list of targets selected to the bugs board.
- There is now a timeout if you sit at MOTD or clan MOTD for more than 10 minutes.
- People in the ‘lizardman’ race can no use envenom on an item that already has another weapon flag.
- Increased the ‘Since Added’ colum on gamestat 5. Apparently we’re going to need that soon.