There is a new command called ’spamreduce’. I have moved some of the existing config options into this command. Settings you already had should have copied over. Type ’spamreduce’ to see what the options are. These replace existing commands:
spamreduce dodges : hides dodge messages. spamreduce wflags : hides weapon flags such as flaming, vorpal. spamreduce areaspells : hides earthquake and similar area messages. spamreduce hunger : hides hunger and thirst messages.
The 4 items above replace the ‘nospam’ command. If you had nospam on you have all 4 of these already set. Other options:
spamreduce mobstatus : replaces 'nostatus' command. spamreduce combat : replaces 'battlespam' command. spamreduce spellups : replaces 'nospellup' command. spamreduce spellchants : replaces 'quietspell' command. spamreduce groupcombat : replaces 'groupspam' command.
There are several new options with this command which are the main reason we changed it:
spamreduce all : turns on ALL options. spamreduce none : turns off ALL options. spamreduce save : Stores a copy of current settings. spamreduce restore : Restores the saved settings. spamreduce : Shows both current and saved settings.
The main idea is that you can ’spamreduce all’, do an epic run or whatever other activity you want max spam reduction for, then when you are done use ’spamreduce restore’ to set your options back. See ‘help spamreduce’ for detailed info on what each option does.
A new spamreduction option command ‘spamreduce nocries‘ will toggle whether or not you see other player’s battle cries. Mostly useful to cut down on spam in large group epic runs.
A new spam reduction group ‘spamreduce groupexp‘ will remove the messages you see when a group member gains experience.
Plenty of other suggestions for spamreduce such as party heal messages etc, this is just a starting point to get the command in the game.
Other changes in the Jun 11th Update:
A few other changes that made it into the game this time around:
- When a player dies to multiple attackers you will now see different messges depending on how many people are attacking and whether they are mobs, players or a combination of both. For example:
Razor has been killed by an owl and 4 other mobs. Razor has been killed by Lasher, Failbait and 3 mobs. Razor has been killed by an owl, Lasher and 3 other mobs. (The owl got the kill in this case).
- The impact of the ’saves’ stat on many skills and spells has been removed from the game completely. This will make many spells easier to land against both players and mobs unless there is a sufficiently big enough different in stats (int/wis, lesser degree con/luck) that saves already made no difference. I’m not going to immediately increase the impact of resists to counter this as I feel that many spells are too hard to land anyway so let’s see how this goes for a while.
- The max skills / spells you can add using ‘forgetskill’ has been increased from 30 to 60.
- The bug with players still showing in ‘who gquest’ after a GQ is over should now be resolved.
- Using “Gq check” when not in a global quest will show how many gquests you can still take part in for your current level. This was missed in the
recent redo of gquest.
- When a mob uses enrage, the amount of resistance penalty it gets has been reduced. This means you will do less damage against a mob that is using enrage. Damage when a player uses enrage against a mob has not been changed.